Brilliance® for spas is committed to your safety. While no spa care guide can take the place of common sense and precaution, we recommend following these guidelines in order to help you and your family, safely enjoy your spa. For more safety tips or if you have any questions about how to handle spa products, talk to your authorized Brilliance® for spas Dealer or call 1-800-654-6911.
Tips for Safe Spa Use
Your spa will give you years of enjoyment. Like any water recreation, there are certain precautions which must be followed to minimize the risk of injury.
Spa chemicals are necessary to control bacteria and to maximize the life of your spa and its equipment. In concentrated form these chemicals, like other household chemicals, can be hazardous. Always handle and use them with care. Refer to the product's label for safety and handling information or see an Authorized Brilliance® for spas Dealer.
FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL INFORMATION call the poison control center nearest you, or dial 1-800-654-6911. This is LEAN (Lonza Emergency Action Network). The people who answer the phone are trained to assist you in an emergency.
Arch Chemicals wholeheartedly endorses the safety guidelines of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP). Here are a few good suggestions to follow:
GET A FREE FROG SPA CARE GUIDE!
Click on the guide box to the left to download.
Chlorine levels vary widely throughout the day and may require daily additions. Even with these daily additions, bacteria levels fluctuate greatly.
Keep your spa in top shape by routinely performing these quick and easy housekeeping tasks.
Clean Your Spa Cover
Clean your cover every other week with Brilliance® for spas Cover Cleaner, concentrating on the water side. Here’s how:
1. If possible, place cover upside down on a flat surface.
2. Wearing rubber gloves, pour a puddle of Brilliance® for spas Cover Cleaner (about 6"–9" in diameter) onto cover and scrub with a spa cleaning pad.
3. Rinse cover thoroughly and replace cover on spa.
4. Pour a 2"–3" puddle of Brilliance® for spas Cover Cleaner on top of cover and scrub with a spa cleaning pad.
Clean Your Spa Shell
Clean your spa shell at the waterline regularly with Brilliance® for spas Surface Cleaner and a spa cleaning pad.Clean Your Spa Filter
Clean your spa filter at least once every 4–6 weeks with Brilliance® for spas Filter Cleaner. Here’s how:
1. Remove cartridge or elements from filter housing and rinse with water.
2. Add 5 gallons of water to a clean plastic or rubber bucket.
3. Add 16 ounces (1 bottle) of Brilliance® for spas Filter Cleaner to the bucket.
4. Place cartridge or elements inside bucket and allow to soak for at least 24 hours. Make sure the cartridge or elements are completely immersed in the solution.
5. Using appropriate personal protection equipment (rubber gloves and eye protection), remove the cartridge from the cleaning solution and thoroughly rinse it with a garden hose.
Reassemble filter and resume normal operation.
To properly dispose of the filter cleaning solution, add 6 ounces of Brilliance® for spas pH Increaser with Mineral Salts to neutralize the solution; dilute with water. Then flush away to a sewer using plenty of water.
Water Changing Guidelines
Although Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer is persistent at controlling bacteria, it’s important to remember that a spa is a small body of water. Continual use means bathers will deposit large amounts of dirt, perspiration, body oils, deodorant, makeup and other contaminants into a relatively small volume of water.
We recommend changing your spa water every 60–90 days or whenever an extreme water quality problem develops. After draining, clean the empty spa shell thoroughly with Brilliance® for spas Surface Cleaner. Rinse thoroughly before refilling. This is also an ideal time to clean your spa cover and filter.
HOW TO BALANCE YOUR SPA WATER USING @ EASE
Click on the chart below to download a printable copy
Learn About BAQUA Spa®
A few minutes in the spa can soak away the aches, strains and general stress of everyday life. No wonder spa owners look for the same things from the products they use: simple, no-nonsense protection against bacteria, and water that is fresh, clear and inviting. BAQUA Spa® provides powerful, long-lasting protection against bacteria. And nothing is easier to use. Bromine-free and chlorine-free, it's gentle on your eyes, hair and skin.
What Do You Love About Having A Spa?
What could be better? How about clear, gentle, bromine- and chlorine-free water that you spend less time prepping, testing and sanitizing. That's where the BAQUA Spa® Water Care System makes all the difference.
Caring For Your Spa With BAQUA Spa® Couldn't Be Easier
Follow your normal housekeeping routine, and just once a week, do the following:
That's it — you're done. No more daily testing and dosing required.
The BAQUA Spa® Water Care System also puts extra relaxation into your life by controlling bacteria longer than bromine or chlorine, so you use it less often. It doesn't affect pH levels, either, so you'll do less testing and water balancing.
SPA START UP
FLOATING SPA SYSTEM
Every Other Day (if Spa is Used Daily)
1, Using Brilliance® for spas 5-WayTest Strips, test the Total Bromine level.
2. Check the floater to ensure an adequate amount of Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer is present; add sanitizer if needed. Adjust the floater per manufacturer’s recommendations to maintain a Total Bromine level of 2–4 ppm.
NOTE: If Total Bromine level tests consistently high, it is recommended to adjust floater setting and/or reduce the frequency of using Brilliance® for spas Oxidizer with Mineral Salts.
1. Add Brilliance® for spas Metal & Scale Control with Soy Protein.
CIRCULATE ON HIGH SPEED FOR 30 MINUTES, WITH BLOWERS OFF — DO NOT INJECT AIR.
2. Oxidize the water with Brilliance® for spas Oxidizer with Mineral Salts at least once a week. Additional applications are recommended after heavy spa usage or the appearance of cloudy water.
3. Using Brilliance® for spas 5-Way Test Strips, check Total Bromine and adjust water balance according to recommendations in this guide.
A Balanced Composition
Nothing is more calming than soaking in a spa full of warm, relaxing, sparkling clean water. No matter which sanitizing system you choose, keeping the water balanced is essential to your enjoyment of the spa.
Six factors need to be monitored for their effect on water balance:
When all these factors are within acceptable ranges, it is unlikely that your water will cause corrosion or scale deposits. Correctly balanced water also provides maximum bather comfort.
This routine maintenance does not have to be difficult or time consuming. Everything you need to know is outlined in our Spa Care Guide (PDF). What's more, when you purchase Brilliance® for spas from an authorized dealer, any questions you have regarding your spa will be welcomed and answered by a professional.
Weekly Spa Maintenance
A clear, hassle-free spa is easy if you follow this simple maintenance routine. Refer to top-up & maintenance dosage chart below for dosage recommendations according to spa volume. Important: Use a BAQUA Spa® 4-Way Test Strip to test water balance and adjust if necessary*
Step 1 – BAQUA Spa® Waterline Control
Step 2 – BAQUA Spa® Oxidizer
Step 3 – BAQUA Spa® Sanitizer with Stain & Scale Control
*If using an ozonator test your BAQUASpa® Sanitizer level every 4-days & top-up as necessary to maintain a level of 30–50 pm.
TIP: To ensure accurate testing, always store your test strips in a cool, well ventilated area. Always keep the lid sealed. Incorrect storage and handling may result in inaccurate readings. Test sanitizer weekly and only add if needed. DO NOT OVERDOSE.
SPA CARE IS AS EASY AS
After the spa is filled, please bring us in a water sample. Balance the water according to the recommendations in this guide. Remember to also chemically clean your filter using Brilliance Filter Cleaner.
NOTE: Prior to using any floater, inspect openings to ensure an unrestricted flow of water.
NOTE: Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer is produced in a smaller, unique size, unlike common bromine tablets. Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer will dissolve at a more even rate and will ensure more consistent bromine levels. Some floaters may not be compatible with Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer, as the product may fall through the floater opening. Compatible floaters require an opening small enough to contain the sanitizer within the floater, or a screen to prevent Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer from leaving the floater.
NOTE: Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer should always be used with a floater and never added directly to the spa.
1. Add Brilliance® for spas Metal and Scale Control with Soy Protein (prior to adding Brilliance® for spasStart-Up, Brilliance® for spas Oxidizer with Mineral Salts or Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer).
CIRCULATE ON HIGH SPEED FOR 30 MINUTES, WITH BLOWERS OFF - DO NOT INJECT AIR.
2. Add Brilliance® for spas Start-Up.
3. Add Brilliance® for spas Oxidizer with Mineral Salts.
4. Fill recommended floater with Brilliance® for spas Sanitizer. Adjust the flow of water into the floater according to the manufacturer’s directions to ensure that the Total Bromine level is in the ideal range of 2–4 ppm. You will need to circulate the spa water at least three hours every day. It is recommended to use a Brilliance® for spas floater or another floater.
5. Using a Brilliance® for spas 5-Way Test Strip, test the Total Bromine level (range: 2–4 ppm) and pH level (range: 7.2–7.8). If those levels are acceptable, and if the temperature is under 104°F, the spa is ready to use.
BAQUA Spa® offers consistent, long-lasting protection. With just one application, bacteria levels are controlled for as long as 10–14 days.
BALANCING YOUR SPA WATER
WHAT IS SMART-CHLOR TECHNOLOGY?
GET A FREE BRILLIANCE SPA CARE GUIDE!
Click on the guide box to the right to download.
No-Chlorine. No Hassle.
Brilliance® for spas Spa Care System is unlike other
bromine-based spa care systems and Brilliance® for spas
is also better for spas. It won't upset the delicate balance
of a spa's water chemistry, like other bromine and
chlorine products that affect the pH.
Converting a hot tub to chlorine-free Brilliance®
for spas takes just minutes.
GET A FREE BAQUA SPA CARE GUIDE!
Click on the guide box to the right to download.
HOW DOES THE @EASE SPA SYSTEM WORK?
The @ease System combines the proven FROG mineral formula for killing bacteria with SmartChlor Technology that maintains a consistently low chlorine level for weeks.
Unlike normal chlorine that is used up when you get in, SmartChlor continues to maintain the same level which is up to 75% less than hot tubs using Dichlor (standard hot tub chlorine). That’s why we call it self-regulating. It goes to work when the hot tub needs sanitizing so there are no frustrating yo-yo chlorine levels. This time-released method is also why less shock is needed to maintain the hot tub.When the SmartChlor Cartridge is depleted the system will flip over as a visual reminder to replace the empty cartridge with a new one.This technology is so unique it has its own testing method that’s easier than standard test strips.
Up to 75% less chlorine with no frustrating yo-yo chlorine levels.
Only shock once a month!
Self Regulates for continuous crystal clear water.
Easy on hot tub surfaces with less odors.
Copywrite © Recreational Pools, Spas, and More 2018